Head of Business Technology Applications
“Hello World” we’re Zuora.
Let me tell you a little bit more about us and our tech stack so that we can feel more comfortable with each other. We’re a high tech subscription management SaaS company transforming enterprises from a one time product based sale towards a SaaS/subscription based entity. Sound simple enough, right?
As we experience this once in a century shift in business models, we continue to be the only company on the planet helping companies during their transformation. We’ve been featured on 21 Enterprise Startups To Bet Your Career On, Jim Cramer's Mad Money, and are personally funded by Marc Benioff and Dave Duffield. Oh, and did I mention, our CEO and co-founder was ex employee # 11 at Salesforce?
We are looking for a Head of Business Technology Applications that will report directly into our CIO in San Mateo, CA.
Qualified candidates MUST be coming from a modern SaaS/cloud based infrastructure to be a fit. Additionally, we are looking for someone who is strong technically with strong business acumen and executive presence.
The Business Technology organization is responsible for all internal applications across Sales, Marketing, Services, Finance, HR, Customer Success, Product and Engineering. This includes core systems spanning Zuora Billing, Zuora RevPro, Salesforce, NetSuite, Financial Force PSA, Marketo, Workday, Corporate Website, Community Site, Business Intelligence and beyond.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Management Information Systems
- 15+ years of relevant technical experience, including 8+ years in a leadership role
- visionary and inspirational leader who inspires others to achieve greatness with genuine humility
- demonstrated experience in solution design and enterprise architecture with focus on scalability and automation
- working knowledge in Agile development environment with strong engineering principles (XP, SCRUM)
- expertise in SaaS cloud technologies, including Salesforce and NetSuite as well as middleware API integration
- comprehensive expertise in business analysis, requirement gathering, technical documentation and business process reengineering
- strong business acumen and trusted partner setting IT priorities aligned to business strategies
- strong communication skills, including executive level presence; experience in both enterprise and start-up environments with focus on customer experience, operational maturity and compliance without compromising speed and agility
- experience in business intelligence, data analytics and reporting
- proven experience in driving operational efficiencies
- proven global leadership experience in software technology with experience implementing ground-up solutions and disruptive technologies driving business transformation
- responsible for IT Business Technology Project Portfolio and operational management
- manage IT operating and capital budget and driving operational efficiencies
- strategic planning and communication including setting priorities, driving focus and accountability to business commitments
- develop sound business relationships with external partners and service providers
- lead empowered individuals responsible for business systems analysis, solutions engineering and program management
- embrace dynamic and talented team that challenge each other to reach their full potential and committed to career development and coaching
- self-driven and self-motivated leader who instills constant curiosity, perseverance and positive energy
- ensure comprehensive code reviews, code quality and standards
- develop expertise in Zuora’s product as our own best reference account building strong credibility across product & engineering as the voice of the customer
- strong work ethic, organizational skills and time management
- highest standard of excellence, never settling for mediocrity and always leading by example
- provide seamless, unified subscriber experience across all channels and 360’ view of customer