For the last 100 years, companies have operated primarily under a product-centric business model, where the goal was to make, ship, and sell more units. Today, there’s a demand to have products and services delivered on a continual, subscription basis; to upgrade and access new innovations and features constantly. This is the end of ownership and it changes everything. Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo).
Zuora entwickelt cloudbasierte Software auf Abonnementbasis, mit der jedes Unternehmen unabhängig von der Branche erfolgreich und nachhaltig auf ein Subscription-Modell umsteigen kann.
The Head of Tax is a proven professional that is responsible for the Company’s tax compliance, tax planning, accounting for income taxes and corporate structuring projects. The ideal candidate will have the ability to be a big-picture, strategic thinker with the willingness to roll-up sleeves and execute. The candidate will work with business partners, service providers and other tax professionals to carry out their responsibilities. It is essential that the successful candidate has strong communication and leadership skills, a well-rounded tax background, hands-on accounting experience and a desire to problem solve in a non-routine, dynamic environment.
The Head of Tax collaborates with many parts of the organization and is the leader for the Company’s tax initiatives. This position will help develop best practices in terms of the tax provision, transfer pricing, international tax structure and compliance, VAT, HST, GST, sales and use tax as well as miscellaneous business tax compliance. Success in this role is dependent on leadership, communication, organization/people development, hands-on approach, process improvement, strategic execution and ability to perform in a rapidly changing business environment.
This position reports to the Controller
Verantwortung des Kunden
- Responsible for all global tax related issues, strategies and compliance.
- Globally lead technical tax research and tax planning efforts to level set and improve tax efficiency.
- Responsible for all Sales and Use Tax compliance and filing
- Responsible for all international sales based and income-based taxes.
- Research various tax issues, both US and foreign, related to the real estate acquisitions, M&A, reorganization, entity formations and various transactions.
- Manage the utilization of outside expertise on significant or special tax matters; review and digest the advice provided by outside tax advisors.
- Help address tax related issues in determining new product/service contracting structures and commercial flow.
- Write/review technical memos to internal and external parties to address tax issues raised by the parties in various business transactions.
- Interact with senior management and investment professionals to help maintain the tax efficient structure of the Company operations.
- Manage and maintain transfer pricing structure, documentation, and global TP policies.
- Preparation of the tax provision calculation.
- Manage audits of federal and state tax.
- Conduct special tax projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (accounting and/or tax degree preferred)
- Master in Taxation degree and/or CPA license highly preferred
- 8-12 years prior experience required with concentration on tax
- Big 4, national or large regional public accounting firm or law firm experience preferred
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong technical business writing ability
- Significant technical tax background. Experience with international taxation (both US international tax rules and local statutes), general M&A and acquisitions/dispositions
- Must be conscientious and have a good sense of critical matters in a complicated situation, demonstrate the ability to effectively multitask, and able to communicate effectively and efficiently
- Positive approach; initiative, ownership minded.
- Must be goal-oriented and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Strong work ethic, cross functional knowledge, and general accounting skills.
- Knowledge of Avalara required
- Knowledge of NetSuite a plus.