A Customer Success Architect (CSA) serves a critical role within Zuora’s Sales and Customer Success teams.
In the Presale capacity, the CSA works with the sales teams to determine and drive the technical sales strategy, approach for how to tackle the most challenging customer technical and functional complexities and how Zuora’s overall solution can be incorporated within the Customer’s ecosystem and address the customer business initiatives and issues. The CSA reviews and analyses Customer use-case to determine how Zuora’s platform will address these use cases. The CSA works with the presale team, Zuora Partner’s and the customer to drive and define a phasing approach to implementation, estimating the project timeline and efforts to execute the project, drafting/outlining Scope of Work, and contract negotiation.
In the Post Sale capacity the CSA supports customers with tailored technical, product, and architectural guidance, best practices and solutioning such that the customer continues to realize success and value from the Zuora platform. The CSA collaborates cross functionality across the sales, global services and the customer success groups to drive continued customer value of the Zuora platform through global initiatives, process improvements and consistent delivery.
- Lead and provide guidance for Zuora Billing and Revenue sales & post go live activities both tactically and strategically.
- Draw upon experience working at the enterprise level to deliver multiple moderate to complex solutions and successfully drive the engagement team towards an optimal solution.
- Responsible and accountable for gathering and analyzing Customer business use cases with the Sales Engineering, perform gap identification, frame scope of work, establish timeline, and determine cost of deployment
- Engage with customers and the Zuora account team during the pre-sales phase to determine how to structure the Zuora solution and implementation for ongoing success and post implementation to ensure customer is realizing value from the Zuora Products
- Effectively position Global Services and the value of the Zuora platform related solutions as part of the overall sales proposal
- Present GS as a differentiator to the Customer,
- Deliver value focused / results-oriented proposals and solutions
- Effectively evaluate customer’s process gaps and IT challenges to carve out Zuora’s value proposition
- Conduct scoping sessions to determine project scope, price and phasing deployment plan
- Present Zuora implementation proposals to customer
- Facilitate large group meetings with diverse sets of project stakeholders.
- Translate customer requirements into solutions and review and critique both functional and technical designs.
- Develop collateral, best practices and solutions to be leveraged across the CSA community
- Work cross-functionally to provide product and continuous process improvements.
- Develop estimates for work, proposals, solutions for customers and prospects
- Provide technical and architectural product expertise, best practices and solutioning to the Zuora Sales organization, Zuora’s prospects, partners and customers
- Hands-on experience building strong relationships and skills to bridge gaps in functional and technical areas / solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of Zuora products
- Strong communication, relationship building, presentation, customer service, negotiating, listening and writing skills.
- Excellent analysis, design, requirements gathering and crafting solutions to secure customer approval
- Software proficiency preferred: SFDC, NetSuite, PSA, MS Office Suite.
- ERP knowledge preferred: Oracle, PeopleSoft, NetSuite, SAP
- Order to Revenue / Cash knowledge (including strong background in billing and CPQ)
- Revenue knowledge: US GAAP, IFRS
- Strong team orientation, presence, and organizational acumen.
- Strong negotiation skills to use for large strategic and enterprise deals
- Thrives in a fast pace and changing environment.
- At least 12 years of senior professional services experience (or 15 years depending on the job requirements and the skills/education of the candidate)
- Hands on knowledge of company proprietary software Zuora Central, Billing, and Revenue
- BA/BS in Computer / IT technical related field with a focus on business applications
ABOUT ZUORA & OUR “ZEO” CULTURE
Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-revenue process seamlessly across billing and revenue recognition. Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Ford, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Xplornet, and Zoom.
At Zuora, we have one CEO but every employee is empowered and supported to be the ‘ZEO’ of their own career experience. By embedding inclusion and belonging into our processes, policies and culture, we are building a workplace where our 1,200+ ZEOs across North America, Europe, and APAC can bring all the elements of who they are into their work. In addition to an industry-leading six-month, 100% paid parental leave for all our ZEOs, we also offer programs to support your mental health and give back to our communities along with “career cash” and plenty of learning and development opportunities.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com