Our Vision & Mission
For the last 100 years, companies have operated primarily under a product-centric business model, where the goal was to make, ship, and sell more units. Today, there’s a demand to have products and services delivered on a continual, subscription basis; to upgrade and access new innovations and features constantly. This is the end of ownership and it changes everything. Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo).
Zuora’s leading, cloud-based software solution automates all subscription order-to-revenue operations in real-time for any business. Companies in any industry can launch new businesses, shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage.
We are looking for a Principal Engineer who is motivated to design, develop, test and operate cutting edge, large scalable and enterprise SaaS Products.
Verantwortung des Kunden
- Drive culture of innovation to positively impact all of engineering.It covers driving code coverage to shipping a product on time, setting best practices framework and building industrialized reusable software components.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, frequent changes and always find opportunity in uncertainty without worrying about social acceptance by demonstrating conviction to build better products and long term vision.
- Lead technical discussions, design and challenge status quo to recommend the optimal path forward where all engineers may or may not agree.
- Use your experience and knowledge to influence better software design, promote robust software engineering and bug prevention strategies, testability and security
- Actively participate in the development process through writing and maintain application features and automated tests including unit tests, component tests, integration tests, functional tests,
- Partner with DevSecOps team to drive secure, consistent, reliable delivery by driving consistent process of PRs, code reviews, Secure coding practices.
- Collaborate with scrum teams to improve team's test coverage, sprint’s velocity and reduce bug-escape ratios.
- Participate in application code and test code reviews with rest of the Scrum team
- Took ownership of entire feature from concept to deployment working on cross-functional activities and mentor junior engineers
- Contribute ideas to improve products as well as develop his/her skills, learn new technologies and languages, and continue to learn
- This role requires more than 50% time to work on keyboard (writing code)
- BS/MS/PHD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or relevant degree.
- Front end: Good experience in Angular JS ( 2nd priority skills)
- Middleware: Strong and extensive experience in building highly scalable web applications using Java, Webservices, Microservices with ActiveMQ and SprintBoot
- Backend: Strong experience in Oracle, PostgreSQL and good SQL skills
- Extensive experience in Frameworks like Spring Core/MVC, Testing frameworks like JUnit/Mockito/Spring Test, Tools like Swagger/Git/Jenkins/uDeploy/Docker/Kubernetes/Ant etc.
- Experienced in building highly scalable web applications and software quality (Test tools like SOAPUI/SOAtest/Selenium etc.), by owning both functional requirements of the product and also the non functional requirements
- Active Open-Source projects, building libraries, tools and utilities, platform components-must have GitHub profiles to share.
- Experience/Knowledge of cloud hyperscalers like AWS, Azure OR Google Cloud.
- Solid experience in Agile methodologies, ceremonies & agile practitioner
- Strong programming skills across technology components including API Services development and consumption using modern frameworks and open source technologies.
- The ability to code in more than one programming language and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications.
- Deep understanding of building secure software using modern security principles. High level of awareness of attacks and mastering your defenses with secure coding practices.
- Ability to blend development with testing by participating in quality efforts.
- Test Automation validation using Selenium / REST ASSURED framework
- Able to work with remote teams based out in multiple locations.
- Have strong communication skills complemented with right technical skills to drive meaningful discussions.
- Interested in learning new technologies and how to adopt them with quick prototyping & “Fail Fast’ Approach
- Continuously mastering & refining data structures classes, sorting and searching algorithms to drive exponential performance improvements.
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment and value different opinions.
- The Expertise we’re looking for
- 11+ years of software engineering experience in a hands on manner
- At Least 2+ years of leading a team of at least 3-4 developers
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing and revenue recognition.
At Zuora, every employee is the CEO of their career and leading our mission are over 1,200 passionate and innovative ZEOs who value freedom, responsibility and accountability in equal measure because they have the capacity to make shift happen. Our culture isn’t an empty branding effort – our ZEOs love working here and it shows in our rating on Glassdoor. We take it very seriously. We encourage our employees to be curious, creative, and stay focused on our shared mission of enabling our customers to be successful.
Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet and Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Frisco, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai and Tokyo.
At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com